Martin Valencia (Ubergiek) – VCP, CISSP, CCNP+Security, MCSE
Martin is an Enterprise Virtualization and Storage engineer specializing in datacenter communications. Working with electronics and computer systems from a very young age, enlisting in the U.S. Air Force as a Cryptographic Network Switching Systems Administrator is what formalized his training. After completing his enlistment, Martin continued working as a contractor for the U.S. Air Force, supporting network system design and operations in Southwest Asia. Since joining Varrow, Martin has worked on numerous datacenter storage and virtualization implementations for customers in fields such as: finance, medical, engineering, data analytics, and government services.
Outside of work, he can usually be found tinkering in his lab (See Ubergiek’s Whitebox Lab). Some of his recent projects include:
- Hacking ESXi Realtek network drivers (Resolved in ESXi 5.x)
- Virtualizing an Iomega PX4 (Very arduous, and not quite complete, damn dmesg bus)
- Virtualizing the EMC VPLEX directors (Not very useful, but still AWESOME)
In his free time, he enjoys racquet ball, playing drums with his band, and spending time with his wife and two boys.
- Windows Weekly – Paul Thurott
- Social Engineer Podcast – Chris Hadnagy
- Pauldotcom – Paul Assadorian, Larry Pesce and Co.
- VMware Communites – Jon Troyer
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us – Dan Pink
- Superfreakonomics – Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Leading Geeks – Paul Glen
- Idea Man, A Memoir from the Co-Founder of Microsoft – Paul Allen
- Steve Jobs – Walter Isaacson
- Digital Fortress – Dan Brown